In view of the expertise to be found within LAN’s membership on cultural landscape, we are launching a range of services that can be bought-in to help facilitate greater participation of artists and scholars in landscape engagement and landscape change across the UK.
We have developed a keen strategic awareness of the Heritage Lottery Fund’s Landscape Partnership programme, itself a force for progressive change across the UK’s landscapes.
We can help to incubate Landscape Partnerships in your area:
- By conducting research into the opportunities for launching a Landscape Partnership and help identify the innovative mix of local partners and stakeholders required to make that happen.
- By helping to establish the terms of reference for making a successful Landscape Partnership bid and offer advice on the governance approaches which best build meaningful partnerships.
- By encouraging innovative governance approaches.
- By creating a compelling case for partnerships in ‘peripheral’,‘difficult’ ‘unloved’ ‘in-between’ ‘unexceptional’ landscapes by using our cultural landscape approach to broaden the terms of reference and find the narrative value beneath the surface of the scene.
For Landscape Partnerships underway or for government agencies and private sector bodies, we can deliver lively leftfield symposia and events that:
- raise local/sectoral awareness around the value of landscape to community
- increase local engagement with landscape
- explore legacy opportunities
- enhance the role of artists and scholars in public life and in the husbandry of place
We can facilitate a role for artists and humanities scholars in landscape character assessments and in capturing the qualitative aspects of landscape change for government agencies and NGOs.
Income will be re-invested to help LAN create a UK-wide platform for connecting grassroots expertise to top-down government/NGO policy development.
For more info, or to submit an enquiry, contact us